Water Damage Happens Fast - Call SERVPRO
You can count on SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie to handle your water damage emergency.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. Here is a water damage timeline that describes the kinds of damage water can do:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
When your home or commercial business needs help with water damage, SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie is Here to Help. Call us at 952-563-1532.
Commercial Sewage Cleanup
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie is available 24 hours a day to handle your emergency.
When your business needs emergency assistance with a sewer backup, SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie is available 24 hours a day. Our technicians are trained and certified to clean and restore areas affected by sewage backups.
There are three types of contaminated water. Each type requires a different response to restore your business safely:
Category 1: “Clean Water”
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, it can degrade into a category two or three
Category 2: “Gray Water”
- May contain bacteria and viruses
- Can quickly degrade into category three if left untreated
Category 3: “Black Water”
Sources for category three water could include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
When your commercial business needs sewage backup restoration services, call SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie at 952-563-1532.
Flood Safety - Be Ready
We respond to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Know the Difference between a flood watch and a flood warning.
A flood/flash flood WATCH means a flood or flash flood is possible.
A flood/flash flood WARNING means flooding or flash flooding is already occurring or will occur soon.
Here are a few tips from Ready.gov to know about how to stay safe during a flood:
- Find safe shelter right away.
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters.
- Remember, just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water.
- Depending on the type of flooding:
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are.
If you are dealing with flood, storm, or water damage from thunderstorms, the experienced team at SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie is ready to respond quickly. Our highly trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources to handle the job, large or small. You can reach us at 952-563-1532.
Fire Damage Cleanup and Restoration in Edina
We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Damage caused by a fire is devastating for your family and your home. It’s a stressful and confusing time, so you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. Our professionals will always treat you with respect and empathy, and we’ll always treat your home and belongings with great care.
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie has the water and fire damage training and expertise to help you through this tough time. Once the fire department leaves, your Edina home may suffer from water damage caused by firefighting efforts. We have the specialized fire and water damage restoration training, personnel, and equipment to handle fire and water damage and can quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition.
Please refer to our Fire Damage Tips – Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Locally Owned and Operated
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Highly Trained Fire Restoration Technicians
Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Today 952-563-1532
SERVPRO offers Specialty Cleaning for your Business
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie offers specialty cleaning services for your business.
As our communities get back to business, we all have a new sense of what it means to be clean. At SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie, we’re dedicated to inspiring confidence in communities across the Minneapolis area as we find our way to a new normal. And we’re doing just that with Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
So how does it work? It’s grounded in our unique 3 C’s:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, so we’ll tailor a bespoke cleaning program based on the unique needs of each facility.
- Clean: Based on the agreed plan, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to the leading level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to the comfort and security of their employees, customers, and community.
When you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield, you can walk in with confidence.
If you have questions or want to learn more about Certified SERVPRO Cleaned, call us today at 952-563-1532.
Water Damage Emergency Services
We respond to water damage emergencies 24 hours a day.
If you are experiencing a water emergency, we are here to help you, no matter the time of day or night.
Don’t wait for the damage to spread throughout your property. We are faster to any size disaster. If water is present in your home or business call our team immediately. The long-term effects of water damage could be worse than the event itself.
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie is available for immediate service for your water damage emergency.
Do not hesitate or wait until morning. With SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie we are available any time of day, helping you get ahead of the water damage.
Call us if you are experiencing:
- Sewage backup
- Or any other commercial or residential water damage emergency
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie can help with any water damage situation – Call us at 952-563-1532.
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie has a team of highly trained technicians available 24 hours a day.
Our team at SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing continuing education training as well as, regular IICRC industry certifications, our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
IICRC Training and Certification
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our SERVPRO Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
Employee Certification Training
The Employee Certification Training is designed to obtain specialized training and certification in the following areas:
- Crew Training
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie is available 24 hours a day. Call us at 952-563-1532.
Commercial Water Damage in Edina
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie can help with all of your commercial water damage emergencies.
A thunderstorm arrived at our warehouse in an instant and with it brought large amounts of water that flooded our first floor. We reached out to SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie to help us with our water emergency. They arrived quickly and immediately began the restoration process by extracting the standing water from the warehouse. Secondly, they placed powerful air movers and dehumidifiers to begin the drying process to ensure the warehouse was returned to normal moisture levels.
Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Highly Trained Water Damage Restoration Specialists
When you have a water damage emergency, SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie has a team of highly trained and certified restoration technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 952-563-1532.
Let SERVPRO clean your Drapes & Blinds
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie can clean your drapes and blinds.
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie excels at cleaning fine fabrics and intricate pieces using wet or dry cleaning methods as required. We carefully inspect and test fabrics to determine which of our System’s five cleaning methods is best suited to your fabrics. We use state-of-the-art equipment designed specifically for cleaning fine fabrics.
When Should My Drapes Be Cleaned?
A good rule-of-thumb is to clean drapes approximately every two years. A recent survey by SERVPRO disclosed that the average customer believes drapes should be cleaned when they look dirty. Depending on your heating system, the amount of dust in the home, and other factors, drapes may not show soil for two to six years. The oily atmospheric soil will gradually cause the fabric to deteriorate. Often, direct sunlight is unjustly blamed for this. You may triple the life of your draperies through professional cleaning, which is relatively inexpensive compared to replacement costs.
If you your drapes or blinds cleaned, please call SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie at 952-563-1532.
A Small Leak Can Make a Big Mess
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie has a team of water restoration technicians available 24 hours a day.
A leaky ice maker, a broken supply line to the washing machine, or a sink backup that overflows on the bathroom floor. These are just some of the many causes of water damage that can happen in your home. The following are a few tips from the Insurance Information Institute to maintain your indoor plumbing systems:
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Make it a practice every year to check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines and refrigerator ice makers. You may also want to invest in a water leak monitoring and shut-off system that can alert you to any leakage issues. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks.
- Inspect showers and tubs. Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine and never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home. A damaged hose or a burst pipe can send water racing into your home. Being able to locate and shut off the main water supply quickly will save stress, money and time.
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system. This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
SERVPRO of Edina / Eden Prairie has highly trained technicians that are available 24 hours a day to help with any type of water damage emergency. Please contact us at 952-563-1532.